Become Part of the Latus Motors Service Team
Ready to Take Your Career to the Next Step?
The Latus Motors Service Department is in search of an experienced and passionate candidate to complete our awesome team. Read the job description below to see if you would be the right fit.
Or, if you’re ready, fill out our employment application.
Service Technician Job Description – Latus Motors
Job Title: Technician
Department: Service Department, Latus Motors
Supervisor: Assistant Service Manager/Shop Foreman/Service Manager
Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer-owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
- Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
- Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
- Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
- Maintain clean efficient facilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accept work assignments from Shop Foreman/Service Manager.
- Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
- Perform service, repair, and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
- Test riding motorcycles as directed by Assistant Service Manager or Technician.
- Unafraid to ask questions to achieve highest quality of work possible.
- Notify Service Writer/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so the customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
- Keep customers’ vehicle cleaner than it was when it was dropped off.
- After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
- Driving company vehicles to pick up or drop off motorcycles for service work.
- Keep work area as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
- Assist Service Writer, when requested, with any tasks that will help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn technical information about our brand.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously and with dignity
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, other employees and owners
- Be early to your shift so you are ready to work as soon as it begins.
- Be flexible and available to work longer hours in the summer months.
- Maintain up to date technical training
- Focus on Quality & Service
- Be neat and clean
- Wear uniform every day
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the dealership’s business
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Completion of factory authorized formal training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience.
- Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. All Service Technicians are required to own a set of basic tools.
- Read and become familiar with all Service Bulletins.
- Become current on all HDOnline training programs within 60 days of employment and remain current on all online training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain state driver license with motorcycle endorsement
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass background and drug screens. Subject to random drug screens.
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent Graduation from Tech program preferred but not required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Requires the use of both hands
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift in excess of 80lbs. of material
- Frequently requires the ability to balance and push an 800 lb. motorcycle.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning material or other toxic materials commonly found in motor vehicle service departments, some of which may be considered health hazards
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles